Winners from recent years have been announced online. See below for lists of winners and videos of awards ceremonies.
Each year, Christian communicators are invited to submit their best work to the annual CCCA Awards. They compete with other individuals and publications for first-, second- and third-place awards in about 30 categories. Some wins also earn cash prizes.
These awards are given not only to the highest quality examples of writing and reporting, but also graphic design (photography, artwork and cover page design) as well as online media such as websites, blogs, videos, podcasts and social media.
The STUDENT AWARD is open to Canadian post-secondary students of all ages.
CCCA just introduced three new awards for nomination:
The contest for work published in 2021 named its winners May 5, 2022 (see below for details). The guidelines below were for that contest, and they are generally updated each year around Christmas. If you want a .docx version of the entry form please email us.
Deadline for entries published in 2021 was February 28, 2022. Deadline for entries published in 2022 has not yet been announced.
The link to annual the annual awards ceremony live online is distributed to members in our e-newsletters, and non-members can write to request the link or can watch on our public Facebook channel.
2. NEWS STORY
3. FEATURES (Nonfiction)
4. FEATURE SERIES
5. OPINION PIECE
7. SERVICE JOURNALISM
8. MEDIA REVIEW (Books, film, event, etc.)
9. BIBLICAL/THEOLOGICAL REFLECTION
10. FIRST PERSON ACCOUNT [Renamed from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE/FIRST PERSON ACCOUNT]
11. BIOGRAPHICAL PROFILE
13. BEST HEADLINE (New category)
14. ORIGINAL PUBLISHED SONG LYRICS (New category)
15. BEST PHOTO (New category)
16. PHOTO ESSAY
17. ORIGINAL ARTWORK
18. FRONT COVER/PAGE
19. FEATURE LAYOUT & DESIGN
20. BEST ALBUM, BOOK OR BOOKLET COVER (New Category)
21. BEST AD (any medium/platform - New Category)
22. BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN (Renamed from USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA)
23. MARKETING CAMPAIGN
24. AUDIO OR VIDEO INTERVIEW (New Category)
25. BEST SOCIAL MEDIA POST (New Category)
26. BLOG SERIES
27. VIDEO PRODUCTION
28. PODCAST SERIES
29. GENERAL EXCELLENCE IN WEBSITE
30. BEST E-NEWSLETTER (New Category)
A.C. FORREST AWARD