Each year, Christian communicators like you are invited to submit your best work to the annual CCCA Awards. You’ll compete with other individuals and publications for select cash prizes and first, second and third pace awards in over 30 different categories.
These awards are given not only to the highest quality examples of writing and reporting, but also graphic design (photography, artwork and cover page design) as well as online media such as websites, blogs, videos and social media platforms.
The NEW STUDENT AWARD is open to Canadian post-secondary students of all ages.
BEGINNING IN 2020 AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE BEST
- VIDEO PRODUCTION
- MARKETING CAMPAIGN
- WRITING FOR THE GENERAL MARKET
2020 ENTRY GUIDELINES, FORMS AND DEADLINES
Guidelines are now available for work published in 2019. Download copies below or if you want a .docx version of the entry form please email us.
Deadline for entries: March 6, 2020
- Circulation up to 9,999 — $20 per entry
- Circulation 10,000 and over — $24 per entry
- For individuals (digital communicators) — $20 per entry
- For student award — $15 per entry
- A.C. Forrest Memorial Award for excellence in socially conscious religious journalism — $20 per entry
1. EDITORIAL • 2. FROM THE EDITOR • 3. NEWS STORY • 4. IN-DEPTH NEWS EVENT • 5. FEATURES (Nonfiction) • 6. OPINION PIECE • 7. COLUMN • 8. DEPARTMENT • 9. SERVICE JOURNALISM 10. MEDIA REVIEW • 11. THEOLOGICAL REFLECTION • 12. BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION • 13. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE • 14. INTERVIEW • 15. BIOGRAPHICAL PROFILE • 16. HUMOUR
17. NEWS PHOTO • 18. FEATURE PHOTO • 19. PHOTO ESSAY • 20. ORIGINAL ARTWORK • 21. FRONT COVER/PAGE • 22. FEATURE LAYOUT & DESIGN • 23. EDITION LAYOUT & DESIGN
PUBLIC RELATIONS CATEGORIES
24. USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA • 25. MARKETING CAMPAIGN
ONLINE AND INTEGRATED MEDIA CATEGORIES
26. BLOG • 27. VIDEO PRODUCTION • 28. PODCAST • 29. GENERAL EXCELLENCE–WEBSITE DESIGN
GENERAL EXCELLENCE CATEGORIES
30. MAGAZINE • 31. NEWSPAPER
32. A.C. FORREST AWARD • 33. STUDENT AWARD • 34. WRITING FOR THE GENERAL MARKET
THE FINE PRINT
- Individuals and publications must be members of CCCA prior to entering the awards competition.
- Most categories are for original content, with some exceptions for stock graphics as part of a print publication front page or cover category.
- Submissions may be staff-generated or first-rights publication from a freelancer.
- Entries can be from any publication with two or more editions annually, either online and/or in print.
- Some categories are based on circulation numbers or split with two sub-categories for newspapers and magazines.
- Publications are allowed to enter a maximum of four entries into each category, but a publication can only win once per category.There is no restriction on submitting the same item into different categories.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an appropriate entry form and submitted in PDF format individually via email to email@example.com.
- Please mail entries for the category of General Excellence to 8 MacDonald Ave, Hamilton, ON L8P 4N5.